Friday, July 30, 2010

walker and GI issues...

Camden still hasnt walked since July 10ish. I just knew he'd take off, but he hasn't by anymeans. His PT brought him in a walker the other day to see if that will encourage him. He is getting good at it, but doesn't do it continuously, just when he feels like it or wants attention. =o) He did better than we thought though. All his therapists think he is extremely stubborn....

For about a month now he has went back to retching and gagging. A LOT. Mostly during feeds, but also strangely when he is trying to poop! :s When he does this it usually means reherniation of the diaphragm, or like last time it was when we found out he was extremely allergic to milk. Or his nissen unraveling? dunno.... SO, Monday I took him in for an Xray. Diaphragm looks ok. Great! =o) So, we went for an upper GI the other day and havent had a call back on those results yet. If that looks ok too, I dont know what to think. We switched to soy a few mths ago, so he could have developed an allergy to that, but that would really STINK. If upper GI looks ok, I'll take all soy out and try that. I can't stand to watch him retch and dry heave everyday. The little trooper just gets through it then goes back to his play. In the mean time we have slowed his feeds, and have been venting him a lot more. Lots of steps back in the eating area, and with all the icky feeling, he hardly wanting to lick now. =o(
Ready to get to the bottom of it and make him feel better. I hate not knowing....and if things look "ok", and it isnt soy ( which I highly doubt anyway) and this is just what his body is doing right now, I dont know what to do. It is hard to even keep an 18 mth old hooked to a feeding pump for any amount of time, so I cant imagine longer. I am just babbling thoughts tonight as I post... ;)
Other than that.....he is doing great! =o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know the stubbornness all too well! I guess kiddos like ours have to be stubborn to a point to get ahead in life and live it on their terms!

    I hope and pray the GI issues are small and easily taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dev,

    I love what Alicia said about stubborness. I think this trait has made and will continue to make Camden a great witness for God. God has a plan for Camden and will work out the feeding tube and other issues in time. Praying for a good report from the docs so that you can get to the bottom of everything. I got Camden on video walking at church the other day, loved it.

    ReplyDelete